Electric Scooters Vs. Electric Bikes | Adult Scooters: OjO Electric
Electric Bike vs. Scooter
If you’re looking for a convenient – and much smaller – mode of transportation, we at OjO Electric are here to offer smart electric scooters, also known as e-scooters. If you’re new to this field, you may not be familiar with these adult scooters and their differences with a similar mode of transportation – electric bikes. While they have their similarities, they’re also different from each other in many different ways.
About Electric Bikes
Electric bikes are typically based off of traditional bike designs, only they feature a battery pack, controller, and an electric hub motor. Some of the features of electric bikes include the following:
- Even without the function of its battery power, it can still function as a normal bicycle.
- Its larger tires make it better for surfaces and trails.
- Storage in an electric bike is usually just done by the rider either wearing a backpack or attaching saddle bags, bungee cords, or another type of storage device to the rear carrier.
- Most electric bikes don’t have a built-in alarm system.
- Electric bikes are generally treated just like regular bikes and they’re allowed on bike lanes, commuter trails, and similar areas.
- They’re easy to maintain because they use plenty of the same parts as bikes.
About Electric Scooters
Electric scooters look just like gas scooters, only they’re battery powered instead of using gasoline saving you money and saving our environment (check the specs here). Some of the electric bike and electric scooter differentiating features include:
- Unlike electric bikes, electric scooters don’t really make for decent bicycles when there’s no battery power as their wheel diameters are much smaller than those of electric bikes.
- Its small tires make it very maneuverable.
- Most electric scooters have lockable, waterproof storage located underneath the seat.
- Most models of electric scooters have a built-in alarm to deter theft.
- It can also provide a person with some protection from wind and the rain.
The OjO Difference
While those are the main differences between electric bikes and your average electric scooters, we’re proud to say that our OjO Commuter Scooter isn’t quite like other electric scooters. We’ve gone above and beyond to provide you with the most comprehensive set of features you’ll find on an electric scooter. Some of these advanced features you’ll find on our very own OjO scooters include:
- A perfect ergonomic design that will maximize your comfort – perfect whether you want to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Durable integrated ABS automotive grade plastic fairings that will offer a combination of both strength and beauty.
- A high-performance motor that can reach up to 20 mph – the maximum allowed for bike lanes.
- Heavy duty shocks that give it long-lasting durability and an optimal level of power.
- Several different modes to alter your commute.
- A wireless key and motion activated alarm system.
- A Bluetooth-enabled sound system.
- A digital dashboard with smart technology.
- Easy charging with a built-in cord.
- Little to no maintenance needed.
Contact Your E-Scooter Provider Today!
Interested in our OjO scooters? Give us a call at (805) 991-7444 or contact us online if you’d like to learn more. If you’d like to take the next step, you can buy an OjO off of our website. We hope to hear from you soon!